We are club of 130+ members interested in all aspects of wood working including; Wood Turning, Fine Furniture, Joinery, Wood Carving, Carpentry, Marquetry and Pyrography.
With a friendly and helpful membership, we welcome any new members who want to join. Just come along to the workshop/club rooms at any of the below times or ring Len on 0458777901 for more information.
Workshop/Club Rooms: We have a fully tooled (power and hand tools) workshop with attached meeting and lunch rooms (club rooms). The workshop is open to members at the following times;
Tue: 9:00 am to 12:00pm (Noon)
Wed: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Thu: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am to 12:00pm
Aim: By Education and demonstration to promote and increase interest in wood turning and develop skills in all areas of wood craft. To provide fellowship and encouragement to kindred spirits.
Meetings: General Meetings are held on the third Monday of each month (except December) commencing at 7:30 pm at the club rooms. General business is conducted along with a raffle and “Show and Tell”. We also often have demonstrations or guest speakers.
- Annual Wood Show held on the last weekend in October at the Macintosh centre
- Visits to other clubs and Members workshops.
- Annual bus trip to Melbourne’s “Working with Wood Show”.
- Occasional Field Trips.
- Demonstrations at local and surrounding Events.
- Toy Production (Toys are donated to local charities at Christmas)
- Club Christmas Party